Today we felt like it was about time we tackled the increasingly popular social networking site- Instagram.
First, lets have an overview for those who are unsure about what the app actually is- Instagram is an online mobile photo sharing, video sharing and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them on the app, as well as through a variety of other social networking platforms, including Facebook and Twitter. Currently Instagram has over 14 million monthly active users in the UK and 39% of these are aged between 16-24, so it’s an ideal option if you’re aiming to target a younger audience. However, it has been revealed by Instagram themselves that 2016 is going to be huge as they’ve just launched their self-serve ad platform which allows any business to run adverts on the platform through Facebook (great news for business users!).
Surely we now have your attention? Instagram is an opportunity that your business should not be missing out on and once again it’s FREE!
We know it’s tough and there’s so many social networking sites to choose from but we really recommend this one. That’s why we’ve come up with some great reasons as to why your business should be taking advantage of what the increasingly popular Instagram has to offer.
- Regularly publishing content provides your followers with a visceral sense of kinship with your business (visual connection). This will really help you to expand your reach, build loyalty and promote encourage future sales and customer relationships. You’ve got a great opportunity here to upload snippets of your business and products, but it’s super important to remember that the key to success is to sell the lifestyle and benefits behind your product/service rather than the product/service itself (however, if you are looking to sell your product/service online we can help visit www.r88media.com). Just remember to be creative and approach your photos in an innovative way. Stay relevant to your business as well- we all love a cute animal photo (awww!) but…if they’re not related to your business don’t bother, it’s a waste of your time because followers will get confused about what your business actually is. Most importantly, restrain yourself, don’t overload customers with too much (SPAM ALERT) one or two photos a day will be perfect.
- USE HASHTAGS! Your short description of each post should be chosen wisely and be relative- choose favourable hashtags. Allowing your to curate content around a specific theme, hashtags expose your posts to anyone searching for that hashtag, consequently expanding your reach beyond regular followers. Now this is tough, so we’ve done some of the hard work and researched some of the top hashtags to get you started.
- #love – 696 million posts
- #instagood – 314 million posts
- #follow – 258 millions posts
- #photooftheday – 237 million posts
- #fun – 163 million posts
- Next is to make sure that you’re in the loop, keep yourself up-to-date with the latest trends and draw up a rough strategy. Respond to big news stories, industry development and trending hashtags. This is an effective way of engaging with followers and showing the world that you have your fingers on the pulse and are always on top of the latest stories.
- Treat it like building a community, fill your community with like-minded businesses/people or those in related industries. Ensure that you interact with others and comment on posts, it’s important that you involve yourself in conversations, it will increase your profiles awareness and giving your opinion will make you a valued member of the community.
- Every so often reward your followers by launching a flash sale or limited offer. By promoting Instagram-only discount codes you will spark interest and in turn followers will pay much more attention to your feed in fear of missing out on a fantastic deal. One idea is setting yourself a follower goal number such as 10,000, then offer your 10,000th follower a reward.
Now we’re hoping that this has all started to make sense? We hope so! Make sure you use our handy tips and tricks to get your Instagram account started and the followers rolling in.